Day 880 -- Pearls

I'm not really a girl who gets to wear pearls all that often. It seems that pearls have a connotation associated with them--they are fancy, classy, elegant, timeless.

On a normal day I am disheveled, frumpy, and a hot mess. These are not adjectives for pearls.

I have one set of pearls. My mom let me wear them at my wedding. Today, just to be different, I decided to wear them with a navy blue and white polka dotted dress.

My pearls helped me to feel more together all day long. I got tons of compliments, and I even got to reminisce a little bit on my wedding day just by having them on. It's amazing what one little piece of jewelry can do.

Thank God for my pearls!

Lord, thank you for he small things in life that give us a lift. Thank you for the chance to feel a bit more out together today and for the opportunity to remember a very special day. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.