Day 885 -- Rock for a Little Bit

I got home very late tonight from setting up for the Seahorse Triathlon with 3Disciplines.  It was quite the long day, and by the time I stumbled into my house I wasn't ready for anything but bed.  I spent a little time running stuff up and down the stairs, getting ready for a very early departure tomorrow (3:30 am will come all too soon, I'm afraid), when I noticed my AJ sleeping awkwardly in our recliner in the living room.  When I came over to kiss her on the cheek, it was obvious that she was out cold.  When I picked her up in my arms she mumbled to me, "Momma, I just want someone to rock me for a little bit."  The poor thing wanted to be rocked so bad that she found the rocking chair and waited for someone to find her.  As I tucked her into her bed, brushed her wild hair back from her sweet face, and kissed her forehead, I was thankful to be able to see her tonight in such an adorable moment.

Thank God for wanting to rock a little bit!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for the chance to see her for a sweet, fleeting moment tonight.  Thank you for the joy she always brings me, even when she is fast asleep.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!