Day 889 -- Spontaneous Frosty Boy Date

Today after school I was feeling decidedly unproductive.  Instead of forcing the issue, I packed up at 3:40 and headed out to the buses to pick up my son.

As usual, he was not thrilled to see me.  Any time I pick him up after school, he gets irritated because it means he doesn't get to go to Grandma's house.

I don't see this little guy nearly as often as I'd like, however, and I was just in the mood to spend some time with my buddy.

As soon as I got him strapped in the seat, I made a decision.  I had five bucks in my wallet.  We were going to Frosty Boy.

When I asked him if he'd like to go, his stormy face broke into a sunny grin and he replied, "Can I have chocolate?"

He politely ordered a chocolate with sprinkles (bonus!) and I got a Strawberry Dole Whip (it's vegan...and delicious!).  We sat and talked and my cup was overflowing as I spent some quality time with my son.

Thank God for a spontaneous Frosty Boy date!

Lord, thank you for my son and for the chance to be with him today.  Thank you for vegan ice cream and for random cash in my wallet.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!