Day 890 -- Trophy

I had been hearing about this trophy for weeks.

Apparently, at All Around Gymnastics, they give all of the girls a trophy at the end of the session at a special event called "Parents Night".  The gymnasts showcase the skills they have learned and at the end of the night are presented with an award.

Dharia was so excited to get her trophy.  For weeks, she would ask me if she was getting it at each practice she attended.  Each time, I would have to tell her how many more weeks until the big night.  Between having to explain this each week and having to pay $10 extra in tuition for this trophy, I had a decidedly less enthusiastic view.

When I sat down in my seat tonight, however, all the negativity and frustration I had about the trophy disappeared.  I was so proud to see my girl with a look of fierce concentration and beaming confidence at every event.  And when she finally received that trophy with her name on it, she held it high.  She exuded pure happiness.

I was so thankful for that silly trophy because of the great joy it brought my daughter.  I am also grateful for the opportunity to watch her perform tonight.  I felt so lucky to be her mom.

Thank God for the trophy!

Lord thank you for my daughter.  Thank you for the joy she was able to experience tonight.  Thank you for everything she learned in gymnastics this year and for all the fun she had too.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!