Day 900 -- A Shower

I neglected to mention yet another reason I was grateful to be able to swim in the lake last night: after two full days of working hard and running around on a triathlon course, you get pretty ripe. I was sweaty, dirty, and wet. And, there was really no way to shower at this particular event.  So, the lake doubled as my bathing yesterday.  Which, if you've ever swam in a lake and if you've ever showered, you know it's not exactly an equal comparison.

After a long day and a long drive home, I was so grateful to be able to take a long hot shower in my own bathroom.  For the first time in days, I felt unhurried, calm, and clean.  For that, I am very grateful.

Thank God for a shower!

Lord, thank you for the comforts of home.  Thank you for a good but busy weekend.  Please give me the strength to finish this school year out strong.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!