Day 915 -- Washed Away

It's been a somewhat hectic day for summer.  Colby and I have both been short-tempered today and, to add insult to injury, it seems like a ton of things are going wrong around the house.  A broken hot water heater has meant very cold showers -- or none at all; a broken washing machine means soaking wet clothes with a definite mildew odor.

It's just been one of those days, you know?

And on top of everything, it's hot.  If you know me at all, you know that the heat just destroys my morale.  I feel wilted.  And depressed.  And irritable.

Now I'm at home and I'm sitting on the porch with white lights strung all around.  There is a cool, refreshing breeze blowing and I feel like an entirely different person.  The rain is gently falling.  It's like all of the crazy and all of the stress are being washed and blown away.  It's peaceful.

I'm thankful for this moment's peace and for the way my savior makes all things new, even by washing away a bad day at 11:30 pm.

Thank God it's washed away!

Lord, thank you for this peaceful moment and for bringing refreshment and renewal when I most need it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.