Day 922 -- Coloring with Dharia

Dharia came home from Grandma's house tonight loaded down with coloring books galore.  She's really quite artistic, and can spend hours coloring, drawing pictures, or decorating things.  Before she went to bed, she wanted to color a picture with me.  We sat down side by side at the kitchen table and worked on a picture of Strawberry Shortcake together.  It was wonderful.  We talked and sang and bent our heads close to each other so that I could breathe in her perfect, beautiful scent.  And, coloring is cathartic somehow.  Being 31, I don't find myself coloring that often anymore, but I sure enjoyed it tonight.  It was quiet and relaxing.  I am thankful for the opportunity to share this with my daughter tonight.

Thank God for coloring with Dharia!

Lord, thank you for this sweet moment with my daughter tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.