Day 929 -- Spontaneous Cold Stone

I took a 6 hour nap today.

That's pretty awesome.  I'm sure I could be thankful simply for the fact that I was allowed six hours of uninterrupted sleep on a random Monday afternoon.

After I woke up, however, we made a trip into Jackson so that Colby could pick up some groceries.  We were in dire need, as our cupboards have been decidedly bare.  He dropped the girls and I off at the Bounce Castle to play while he and Breslin took care of business.

When we got to the Bounce Castle, however, they were closing.  So, we had to come up with a new plan.  My phone had died just before we left, so I had no way to ask Colby to come back and get us.

So I improvised.  After spending a few minutes playing on the infamous hippo, we held hands and walked across the street to the Cold Stone.

The Dharia and AJ ordered cotton candy and strawberry ice cream, respectively.  Each elected to mix in gummy bears and were thrilled.  I, too, was thrilled to find that Cold Stone offers a dairy free sorbet.  The Strawberry-Mango-Banana was both delicious AND vegan friendly.

We talked, sang, and laughed.  After being away for so long, it was beautiful to spend this quality time with my girls.  I was so thankful that what started out as being sort of a disaster turned into precious memory.

Thank God for some spontaneous Cold Stone!

Lord, thank you for the rest today.  Thank you for time with my family and for turning disappointments into joys.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!