Day 938 -- Vegan Cascarelli's Calzone

Cascarelli's is a landmark here in Albion.  Mostly, they are known for their incredible pizzas.  Colby and I went out for a quick bite to eat there last night.  I was thrilled to find that I was able to "veganize" their calzone by simply asking for no cheese and no butter.  You might think that it sounds terrible, but let me assure you that it was amazing.  The bread was warm and delicious and it was stuffed with mushrooms, onions, pineapple, and banana peppers.  It came with a side of warm pizza sauce for me to dip it in.  It was heavenly.

The longer I am on this vegan journey, the more I realize that it really isn't that hard.  I am so thankful for all of the delicious, healthier options that I can find no matter where I go -- even just down the street.

Thank God for my vegan Cascarelli's calzone!

Lord, thank you for simple things that bring us joy.  Thank you for good food and fun right in my hometown.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.