Day 944 -- The Ironman

It came and went without me taking note, so I'd like to do that now:

One year ago was one of the most amazing days of my life.  On July 22, 2012, I fulfilled my long time dream of becoming an Ironman.

It seems impossible that was already a year ago, but it's true.  One year ago, I ran across that finish line at Lake Placid with the biggest smile on my face.

About a week later, I reflected on that day in a series of three posts that you can find here:

Start to Transition 1

Bike and Transition 2

Run and Finish

I am so thankful to be able for that day and for the fact that I will be able to re-live the moments for the rest of my life.  I am still so thankful for all of my family's support and encouragement to get through the day and for the courage and strength God gave me to finish.

Thank God for the Ironman!

Lord, thank you for this day and for the way it makes me feel, even a year later.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!