Day 945 -- 3 on 1

Today, Colby began the long process of cleaning out his classroom at Minges Book Elementary and started preparing for the move to his new classroom at Parma Elementary.  The kids and I dropped him off at Minges Brook for a few hours and headed over to the Binder Park Zoo, where we have a family membership.

I love the family membership for so many reasons, but one of my favorites is that there is absolutely no pressure to stay for hours and hours to get your money's worth.  So, even though I was playing zone defense with three kids and just myself, I figured we'd at least have some fun before it became unmanageable.

We lasted over three hours -- just me and my kids.  We had a blast.  Whenever it's just me and the three of them, many times I get so stressed out or worried that I fail to enjoy the time we have together.  Not so today.  I savored every minute with my three kids (who were extra super good, by the way) and loved watching them take in the sights.  My heart melted when one of them grabbed my hand or turned to me and randomly said, "I love you, mom."

We rode the tram to Wild Africa and fed the giraffes and on the way back I gave them a choice of one more thing they could purchase: a ride on the carousel, a face painting, or an ice cream cone.  Breslin and Dharia chose ice cream and AJ wanted to ride on the carousel...that is, until she saw Breslin and Dharia's ice cream.  Then, she changed her mind.  All three ate their ice cream on the tram ride back.  After a quick stop at the herpetarium to see some frogs, snakes, and turtles, we loaded up in the van and headed back to pick up Colby.

I am so thankful for this opportunity to soak up my kids and to have them all to myself.

Thank God for 3 on 1!

Lord, thank you for a special day with my kids.  Thank you for the chance to use our family membership at Binder Park and have some fun enjoying each other's company.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.