Day 947 -- Cuddly AJ

This afternoon, we all got to take a nice, long nap.  It probably had something to do with the fact that the girls didn't go to bed until well after midnight last night, but I digress.

When I woke up from my nap and came downstairs, I left Colby curled up with Goose in our bed.  I turned the corner into the living room to find both girls snuggled up on the couch.  Dharia was watching some TV and AJ was passed out cold next to her.

I took the opportunity to do some research on iPad classroom best practices out on the porch.  I watched the storms roll in as I sat on the love seat.  I was engrossed in the literature when my little one stumbled sleepily out onto the porch, rubbing her eyes.  She crawled up into my lap and snuggled with me for another hour and a half, dozing as I held her, stroked her hair, and rubbed her back.  It was amazing.

 Now that she is getting so old, I don't get the chance to just hold any of my kids much any more.  AJ is too busy for snuggling.I am so thankful for this time with my daughter, even if she was unconscious for most of it.

Thank God for my cuddly AJ!

Lord, thank you for giving me the chance to hold my daughter tight today as she slept.  Thank you for the rest my entire family was able to get today after our eventful week.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!