Day 948 -- Over

I have presented twice in the last two days.

Tonight, I am thankful that my presentations for the summer are over.

It was definitely stressful for me to go all summer without having to present at all and then, BAM-BAM, just like that present two time in two consecutive days on two entirely different topics.

Yesterday, I presented on Incorporating Standards-Based Grading into the Classroom using a variety of easy technology tools.  It was a part of the "Best of MACUL" series and I was honored to be invited to present.  I brushed up my presentation, did some additional research, and was ready to go.  I think it went rather well.

Then today, I was asked to present at the "Officiate Michigan" conference in Grand Rapids for the sport of gymnastics.  My colleague Angie and I prepared four breakout sessions (each an hour long) on officiating gymnastics.  It was a ton of work, worry, and stress.  When we got there, we found that the turnout for the event was very poor.  It was extremely disappointing, given the amount of work we put into the day, but we still managed to be effective, I think, with the time nonetheless.

I am thankful and relieved to be done with these presentations.  I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  The only thing to worry about the rest of the summer is soaking it up before school begins.

Thank God it's over!

Lord, thank you for helping me through a hectic couple of days.  Thank you for giving me the honor of presenting and for the strength to get it all done.  Thank you for calming my nerves and keeping me steady.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!