Day 951 -- Falling in Love

I had the honor of spending the entire day with my daughter on this, her 5th birthday.

During our time together going horseback riding, shopping, and visiting the beach, I realized that every minute I am with her, I fall a little bit more in love with her.

When I looked down at her sweet face five years ago, it was love at first sight, and I couldn't imagine ever loving her more than I did just at that moment.

I was wrong.  I love her more every day as I learn who she is and I see glimpses of who she will become.  Every giggle, every snuggle, every act of sincere generosity and concern for the welfare of others makes me fall a little harder for her.

I feel so blessed to have a daughter that I can fall in love with over and over again.  I certainly did today.


Thank God for falling in love!

Lord, thank you for my daughter.  Please help me to be a good mom to her and to guide her on her path to becoming who you desire for her to be.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!