Day 957 -- That's Not What I Thought They Said

As I was getting dressed this evening, Dharia looked at me and said, "Oh Mommy, I remember that dress.  You wore it to the bar."

Um, excuse me?  Why does my daughter think I'm going out to the bar?  I was confused and a little distressed.  The dress was nothing special, just a long, sleeveless number -- definitely not something that screams, "I'm going to the bar!"

My worry was only made worse when the girls started going through my closet and putting my dresses on, proclaiming that they, too, were going to the bar.

At this point, I was beside myself with concern.  What message was I sending my girls and how was I going to fix that?  How could I be fighting this battle already?  I thought I had at least a few years before I was going to have to argue with them about where they were going at night.

It was only when AJ looked at me and told me that she would be dancing with the prince that I got it.

I wasn't going to the bar and hadn't gone to the bar in my dress.  The girls weren't going to the bar in my dresses.  They were going to the BALL -- as in that magical room in the Disney castle.

Whew.

I'm so thankful that my girls are going to the ball and that tonight I looked fit to be there as well.

Thank God, because that's not what I thought they said!

Lord, thank you for my girls and for their wide, wonderful imaginations.  Thank you for funny moments like this that put things into perspective.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!