Day 959 -- Good Timing

Today was a weird weather day--alternating between sunshine and storms at various intervals and making it difficult to predict the best time for venturing out to do my long run.

At about 2 pm, I decided to go for it. I laced up my shoes and headed out. My plan was to break up my mileage so that I was never too far away from the house, just in case the storms decided to make yet another appearance.  At 16 miles in, the sky started to look dark. At 17 miles, it started to sprinkle. When I reached the house to finish at mile 18, the sky opened up and the thunder boomed impressively. I hurried in and thanked God for watching our for me and for helping me to have good timing.

Thank God for good timing!

Lord, thank you for helping me finish my long run today and for minimizing the crummy running weather while I was out. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!