Day 970 -- Charlie's Bunion

This afternoon, Colby and I decided to take a last, long hike to Charlie's Bunion.

At first we were pretty hesitant.  Okay, I'm really making us sound a lot less whiny than we were.  Because, we had every excuse in the book.  It was raining; we were tired; there was lots of fog so we probably wouldn't get to see much anyway; there would be a ton of people out on the trail; our feet hurt.  It even went so far as that we pulled over on our way to the trail head and started to turn around.

I'm so thankful that we sucked it up and went.

We made it to the top of Charlie's Bunion to see the most incredible views either one of us has ever seen in our lives.  I didn't think there was any way that Chimney Tops could be bettered, but I was wrong.  I can't even describe the awesome splendor we were able to take in while sitting on top of this mountain.



I hate to think of all that we would have missed if we had decided to turn around and go back to the cabin.  Sure, we would have been relaxed and considerably drier, but nothing could replace the magic we felt up there this day.

Thank God for Charlie's Bunion!

Lord, thank you for directing us to hike today even though we didn't feel like it.  Thank you for the awesome beauty of your creation and for letting us soak it up today.  In your name I pray, Amen. 

Comments

Jen said…
Your vacation sounds amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!