Day 973 -- The Fair

We have made an annual trip to the Calhoun County Fair since Dharia was just a couple of weeks old.  This year, however, we were disappointed to find that the fair we have come to love and look forward to fell during our trip to Tennessee.

I happened to see that the Chelsea Community Fair was running this week, so I thought it might be fun to take the kids to a fair of some kind, even if it wasn't the one right in our backyard.

We had an amazing time.  From seeing the animals and riding rides, to watching the demolition derby and eating fair food, it was the perfect night.  We bought kids wristbands for the first time ever, and they were over the moon excited to be able to ride as many rides as they wanted as many times as they wanted -- at least the ones they were tall enough to get on in the first place.  I couldn't believe my eyes as Breslin and Dharia walked hand in hand into the Gravitron and rode it all by themselves, only to step out with wild eyes and huge grins on their faces.  All told, they probably rode that thing close to ten times.  Colby couldn't even watch it spin without feeling sick.  I told him that was definitely a sign of being old.




One of my many "favorite" moments of the night was when the kids discovered that there were baby bunnies available to hold.  We were *this* close to taking home a bunny.  They were so cute and fluffy!  

I am so thankful for this night full of memories, and so grateful to have such brave, adventurous children who always seem up for anything.  There was no ride too scary for these three, and they would have ridden plenty more if they would have been allowed on.

We ended the night with riding the Ferris wheel while Colby pulled the van around.  I loved watching my kids' faces light up as they took it all in.  It was a beautiful moment.

Thank God for the fair!

Lord, thank you for a night full of memories and fun.  Thank you for the beautiful, fun kids you've blessed me with. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!