Day 976 -- First Tri and Volunteers

Today was so awesome for a couple of very big reasons. First, I am so proud of my Aunt Suzanne. She trained hard for most of the summer to complete her first ever sprint triathlon. She battled injury and frustration, but ultimately overcame and crossed that finish line with a huge smile on her face. I am so thankful she was able to experience this victory. Secondly, I managed to talk almost half of my cross-country runners into volunteering at this same triathlon. They got up early and carpooled all the way to Vicksburg in order to help out at the race. It was one of my most favorite moments I have had so far as a coach. It was amazing to watch them working hard, giving back to the sport, and to see them forming closer relationships with each other. It turned a long, hard work day with 3 Disciplines into a wonderful and memorable one. Thank God for Suzanne's first tri and for my cross-country volunteers! Lord, thank you for a great day at the triathlon and for all of the victories that you helped make happen. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!