Day 978 -- Kindergarten

Tonight Dharia officially met her kindergarten teacher, Ms. Abbee at the Parma Elementary Open House.  Dharia got her picture taken at the "smile board", did a scavenger hunt in the classroom, and told Ms. Abbee her favorite thing that she did this summer.  That girl was in heaven.  As we left the classroom, she gave me a thumbs up and said, "Oh yeah! Only 1 week 'till kindergarten!"

I had a much more difficult time than I imagined I would seeing my little girl march bravely into that classroom, but it definitely makes me feel better seeing how happy it made her to be there.

I am so thankful for this journey she is about to embark upon and for the excitement that is just bubbling out of her.

Thank God for kindergarten!

Lord, thank you for giving Dharia this excitement that she can barely contain about kindergarten.  Thank you for giving her the chance to meet her teacher tonight and to get acquainted with her classroom.  Bless her year with Ms. Abbee.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!