Day 1002 -- Dinner with my Family

I'm usually pretty impervious to Mondays.  In fact, I usually enjoy them.

But today was no ordinary Monday.  It was one of those Mondays that lasted forever, and NOT in a good way.  Every moment I felt on edge, ready to snap (and I did a few times).  And the entire day I felt as thought I was just barely keeping my head above water. I left the building after 5 pm, didn't get to workout, and trudged to my car feeling overwhelmed and dejected.

Add to all of that the fact that Colby decided to go grocery shopping today.

Well, poop.

I set about making dinner, which consisted of vegan sloppy joes, vegetarian baked beans, and vegetables.  Nothing special, but as it was getting ready, I decided to take it out to the dining room.  The kids, Colby, and I sat around the dinner table, lit some candles and had a nice, healthy, slow dinner together.  The kids made me laugh as they told me about their days and made me feel good while complimenting their dinners.  AJ even said, "Thank you for making this mom!"

I went from feeling irritable and hopeless to happy and satisfied.  I have a wonderful, healthy family, and that is so much more important than anything else.  

I am so blessed.

Thank God for dinner with my family!

Lord, thank you for my family and for the chance to spend a nice dinner together.  Thank you for the way they are always able to make me feel like nothing else matters.  In your name I pray, Amen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!