Day 984 -- Able to Help

Today as I was driving home from Traverse City, I was in a sleepy-driving near-coma.  I was approaching the Lake Lansing Road exit when I saw a car on the side of the road with its flashers on.  Two people were next to the car, and one was waving his hands wildly.  I slammed on my brakes and pulled up behind them.

It turns out that the pair were just some high school students with a flat tire who were trapped without a phone.  They had their spare, but no tire iron to help change it.  All they really needed was a phone.  I happily lent them my phone and stayed until I had confirmation that their dad was on his way to pick them up.

It's not often that I am able to help in these situations, but I'm glad that I was able to offer at least some assistance today.  And, you know what?  I had no trouble staying awake the rest of the way home.  It was like it snapped me right out of my zombie-like state.

Thank God I was able to help!

Lord, thank you for helping me help out someone else, even in a small way.  Please give me the opportunities to help more and more often.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!