Day 992 -- Sing Along

Tonight, we had a girls' sing along in AJ's bed.  Before bed, they each wanted me to sing them a song.  AJ was really upset (read: exhausted), so I asked Dharia  if she would lay in bed with her while I sang to them together.  Dharia, naturally, was happy to help, and she hopped up in bed.  My heart melted as she stroked AJ's hair and gave her kisses to calm her down.

I started to sing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and by the time I was a couple of phrases in, both girls were belting it out along with me.  It moved me to tears to be tucking in my two beautiful girls, singing together--watching their sweet, expressive faces sing the lyrics with all of their hearts.

I am so thankful for this moment tonight.

Thank God for our sing along!

Lord, thank you for this time singing with my daughters tonight.  Thank you for providing special times like this even in the midst of what seems like chaos.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!