Day 995 -- Coach

I love being a coach.

Tonight I watched my boys run a hard-fought battle against Eaton Rapids--and lose by 4.  I watched them give everything and be heartbroken.

But I also saw them transform from being fairly terrible last year to contenders this season through hard-work, discipline, and heart.  It made me so proud to watch them fight the whole race through.

Tonight I watched my girls run to victory, implementing the strategies we have talked about all season.  My heart swelled when they called me "Sharpie" and I loved them asking me to get in a picture with them after the meet.

I feel so blessed that something can bring me so much joy.  I am grateful that I have an opportunity to know these amazing young people outside of just class and that I get to play a role other than just their teacher.

It was a beautiful night to run and I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this team.

Thank God I'm a coach!

Lord, thank you for a good night with my team and for the good season you've given us so far.  Please continue to bless our time together.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!