Day 999 -- Stomping on Shadows

This evening Colby and I went out for a quick bite to eat together while my dad watched the kids.  He offered to take them down to Albion's "Festival of the Forks", which Dharia had been itching to get to all day.

On our way home, we saw our three kids and my dad standing underneath a street light in the middle of Linden Ave.  When they saw the car coming down the road, they all scattered onto the sidewalk, not realizing it was us.

We slowed to a stop next to them, whereupon Breslin exclaimed, "We are looking at our midget shadows!"  Confused, but desperately wanting to see what they were so happy and excited about, I hopped out of the car.

They were observing their shadows and how they changed in size as they moved around and away from/toward the streetlight.

I don't know how it happened (I blame AJ), but shadow-observing quickly turned into shadow stomping.  Dharia had Breslin cracking up as she danced around on his shadow's belly.  AJ twirled around on Dharia's head.  The shrieks of delight were precious.

It was a perfect way to end the night.

Thank God for stomping on shadows!

Lord, thank you for a precious, memorable moment tonight with my kids.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.