Day 1003 -- "Max"

"Max" is a runner for the Lansing Waverly Cross-Country team.  My teams had a double dual meet against the Warriors tonight up in Lansing.  We won both races, which was wonderful, but my favorite part of the entire race was at the end of the guys' race, when one of the members of the Waverly team, "Max" reached the 2.5 mile mark.  I'm not sure if Max was physically or mentally challenged, but it was evident as I watched the encouragement from his teammates that finishing the race was a big deal for him.  I had goosebumps as the boys who had already finished clapped, shouted, even ran along the course to make sure Max went the right direction on the course.  The girls made a tunnel for him to run through on his way to the finish line.  It was such genuine joy and I found it truly uplifting.

Thank God for Max!

Lord, thank you for these amazing high school students who were so inspirational tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.