Day 1005 -- Answering Service

Today I had to take our cat to the vet during my prep hour.  When I got to school early in the morning, however, I realized I had forgotten my house keys.  This would make it considerably more difficult for me to get into the house during my prep hour and retrieve the cat to take to the vet.  In a panic, I called Colby.  My darling Dharia picked up the phone:

Dharia: Hello, who's this?  What's your name?

Me: Hi Dharia, it's mommy!  Listen, can you --

Dharia: We are coloring right now.  Daddy's in the shower.  We're sitting on stools.

Me:  Awesome!  Hey, can you tell dad something for me?

Dharia: Sure.  Hang on, Breslin wants to say hi too.

Breslin: Hey mom!

Dharia: He's coloring too.

Me: Can you tell Daddy he needs to leave the door unlocked when you guys leave?  I forgot my keys.

Dharia: Oh, you forgot?  Yeah, don't worry I'll tell him.

Me: Are you sure you'll remember?

Dharia: Oh yes mom.  No problem.  Okay I love you!  Bye!

Click.

I am so thankful I got to talk to my kids unexpectedly.  It was so cute that it worth the chance that my house might have been locked when I got there.

Thank God for Colby's answering service!

Lord, thank you for a bright spot in my morning.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!