Day 1006 -- This Email

I received this from a student today:

"Oh my goodness I don't even know where to start! You weren't lying when you said college chemistry would be different. The pace is crazy fast and most of the time I find that I have to teach myself most of the material. I'm so grateful that you taught me, I have all the tools that I will need to get through this class. My professor, who by the way treats us like her grandchildren, teaches in ways that confuse me to no end. Her methods and strategies to solve problems do not work for me. But thanks to you, I have easier methods for me to apply. I understand the material better than most people in my class. Thank you for being such a great teacher and an awesome person. You made chemistry fun, well as fun as it could be. And that made it easier to learn. Any student that has you this year is lucky and they need to know what's coming for them. Miss you as a teacher and thanks again!"

It was exactly what I needed at the end of a long, hard, discouraging week when I had totally convinced myself that I was a horrible teacher...it's amazing how God can tell just when we need a lift.

Thank God for this email!

Lord thank you for providing encouragement and for this student's appreciation. Thank you for always looking out for me. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!