Day 1007 -- Two Birds, One Stone

Our cross-country meet at Hudson was long.  Brutally long.  Unnecessarily long.

The races kept getting pushed back more and more throughout the day.  Even our first girls' race, which was scheduled to go at 10:30 was still waiting at the line at 11:08.
My beautiful varsity girls waiting patiently at the line.

I love my team and I love this sport, but it does take up valuable weekend time.

I am thankful, today, however, that I was able to knock out a long mileage workout during this event.

I decided when I saw the first race going long that I would try to get in some mileage while I was waiting and see how much I could do before going home.  In the back of my mind, I was secretly hoping I would be able to cross off my long mileage day from my list -- a 12 mile run.

Before our first girls' race I was already at almost 4 miles.  Then I got another 2 in just taking splits for our girls.  Add almost 2 more for the boys' varsity and the JV race and I had just over 2 remaining.  In the time spent waiting for the awards' ceremony to start, I knocked that out in no time.

I am so thankful that even though this meet took up a large chunk of my Saturday, I was able to be efficient by completing a 12 mile run at the same time.  Knowing that I wasn't coming home facing this was a huge relief and made me feel good.

Thank God for killing two birds with one stone!

Lord, thank you for the ability to get a workout in at today's race while completing my coaching duties at the same time.  Thank you for the mental relief this gave me.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!