Day 1011 -- Watching Out for Me

I feel so lucky tonight to have lots of people who watch out for my family.

This evening, I fell into bed exhausted well before 9 pm.

I woke up late in the night to see my dad's head poking in the room.  I couldn't be sure if I was dreaming or not, but the last words I heard him say were "Everything is fine." so I closed my eyes and fell back asleep.

I learned from him this morning that the police had driven by late last night and noticed that our van doors were open (Colby had accidentally forgotten to close them when he got home with the kids).

The police spent 20 minutes knocking on our door and blowing the air horn outside our house in an unsuccessful effort to rouse up from sleep.  Giving up, they called my dad, who drove over to check on  us.  Apparently there have been a slew of break-ins in our area lately and everyone just wanted to make sure we were okay.

It was a little scary, and a lot weird, but it made me realize how fortunate I am to have people who watch out for me.  I am very grateful to know that I am.

Thank God for those people he has watching out for me!

Lord, thank you for keeping us safe and for the people in our lives you use to help keep us that way.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!