Day 1018 -- Anyway

At the funeral services today, the select choir sang two pieces in honor of Colton.  He was a proud member of the select choir, and I know that singing at his funeral was one of the hardest things his classmates have ever had to do.  I watched them stand up there, being brave as they fought through "Showing Us the Way" and Martina McBride's "Anyway".

I was so proud of them, I found myself grinning like an idiot there in the audience.

These kids have been so strong and so brave, and here they were bringing joy and encouragement to everyone in the audience.

I am so thankful for the words of this song that brought comfort, peace, and inspiration to me.  I am grateful for these students, who brought me this song.



Thank God for Anyway!

Lord, thank you for these brave students and for the words of this song.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!