Day 1019 -- Dance Party

In my fourth hour class, to honor Colton's memory, we have decided to create a 1 Second Everyday video.  Each day of class, we are recording a short video clip to remember -- to make every day that we spend without him in class matter.  My plan is to have us watch the video as a class once of month as well as at the end of the semester.

Here is an example of my month's worth of 1 Second Every Day that I have done for my own family:


While videotaping their 1 second for today, a few members of my class had an idea to dance -- on top of the tables. A few weeks ago, we hypothesized that standing on top of the tables would make you happier, so it's not fairly uncommon to see them jump up on top of the desks every once in a while.

But I couldn't believe that I was seeing it today.  For almost a week, the students in this class have been nearly catatonic dealing with this loss.  They have muscled through it admirably, but every 4th hour has been full of tears, hugs, and country music.  We have all felt his absence in the front row, center desk like the collective wind being knocked out of us.

I wish I had the video to show you (and maybe I will tomorrow), but for now, let me just say that I was so thankful to see the smiles on their faces as 6 of them climbed up on the desk and boogied to a song.  The rest of their classmates laughed and smiled.  It was such a welcome relief for me to see them having fun and allowing themselves to be happy even in Colton's absence.

Thank God for our dance party!

Lord, thank you for the smiles today.  Thank you for your healing and for your strength.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.