Day 1023 -- Bike Ride

When AJ and I got home from school today, I started the tedious process of cleaning out my car.  After a couple of crazy weeks at school (including homecoming and parent-teacher conferences), a few cross-country meets, and a weekend trip to a marathon, it desperately needed some work.  My bike rack was even still on the back.

So, as I gutted out the Saturn, AJ rode her bike in tiny circles around the driveway.  On a whim, I decided to put the dog on her leash and walk with AJ as she rode her bike down the road.

She had so much fun and it was amazing to hang out with just her, watching her ride and listening to her constant chatter.  Even though it got pretty chilly, I definitely enjoyed these few relaxing moments of being outside and being together and I am thankful that my daughter was able to get at least one more bike ride in.

It was a breath of fresh air on this gloomy, long Monday.

Thank God for our little bike ride!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for the time I got to spend with her tonight.  Thank you for precious moments like this that breathe life into our days.  In your name I pray, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!