Day 1024 -- A New Contraction

My daughter has come up with an ingenious new contraction.

I think the best way to illustrate is by providing you with a specific example.

This morning I was taking her into daycare when I told her, "I love you.  You're my baby."

At which point, she looked at me and said, "NO I AM'NT!"

It's a delightful combination of "am not".  As in, "No I am not a baby".  Or "No I am not eating candy out of Dharia's basket".

It sounds funny, but I'm thankful for its existence because it makes me laugh.  It also makes me think that my daughter is kind of brilliant to come up with her very own new contraction...that actually sort of makes sense.

Thank God for a new contraction!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for her funny, smart, sassiness.  Thank you for the way she always makes me laugh and smile.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!