Day 1025 -- Technology

This year has proven to be challenging in terms of all of the technology that teachers and students are having to learn and implement. There have been times so far this school year that I have been irritated with all of the technology that we are having to deal with on a day-to-day basis. It's rare, however, that I take a moment to be thankful for how this technology often makes things so much easier. 

For example, I need to stay home with AJ tomorrow because she is sick. Instead of giving my students a worthless set of practice problems over concepts we've already covered, or stressing out about giving them something they are not quite ready for, I was able to record a video of myself giving them the notes that I would've given them tomorrow anyway. Through email, I was able to send practice problems electronically to the administrators at school so everything would be all set for my sub in the morning. I did all of my planning from my comfy chair, in my sweatpants, with a blanket, watching the Red Wings. And now, I get to head up to bed, knowing that tomorrow I will be able to sleep in and take care of my little girl.

Thank God for technology!

Lord, thank you for the ability to get all of my lesson planning done at home tonight. Thank you for the ability to create lesson plans that are worthwhile for my students even when I can't in the classroom. Thank you for allowing me to stay home with my little girl tomorrow. In your name I pray amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!