Day 1032 -- Home with Grandpa

My Dharia woke up this morning with a burning fever.  She wasn't doing well, and it was pretty obvious from the get-go that school was not going to be an option for her.

My heart sank as I realized that yet again I was facing missing a part or whole day of school.  After two days with AJ last week, an afternoon yesterday for my hand, and then this, I was definitely not going to be in the running for any teacher or employee of the year awards.

And then Colby had a genius idea: he called my dad.  He remembered that my dad had some meetings he was conducting from home this week.  Mercifully, my dad was able to swing by and pick up my little girl.  She spent the remainder of the day sleeping in grandpa's bed, watching grandpa's cartoons, and munching on grandpa's food.  They even went out pumpkin shopping in the afternoon when she felt a bit better.

I am so, so thankful that my dad was able to hang out with my little girl today, so that she was able to get the rest and relaxation she needed without her mom or dad stressing out about school all day.  I feel so blessed and so provided for.

Thank God for a day home with Grandpa!

Lord, thank you for providing for us today.  Thank you for giving me my dad.  Thank you for the time he and Dharia were able to spend together today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!