Day 1033 -- A Sincere Compliment

There are days where you feel like you just can't do anything right.

Today was one of those days.

I came home defeated, convinced that I was a terrible mom, teacher, wife, friend.

After trick-or-treating, my exhausted kids came home, and watched Charlie Brown before brushing their teeth and settling into bed with a book (or two or three or ten).  I was assigned AJ duty, so we read Put It on the List and Otto Goes to Camp.  After we were done, we gave each other some "turkeys" (it's a weird high-five thing...I don't really know where it came from), some kisses, and said goodnight.

As I pulled away, my daughter threw her arms around me and said genuinely in a soft whisper, "Mom, you are the best mom ever."

I guess I'm doing something right.

Thank God for a sincere compliment!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for her words that came at just the right time tonight.  Thank you for my role in her life and for all of the joy she brings to me.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!