Day 1035 -- Back in the Saddle

It's been way too long since I've ridden my bike.  For some reason, I was convinced that I couldn't get in on the trainer because of that fact that my new wheels are smaller.  It's been too cold and wet to safely ride outside -- at least for me.   But, my darling husband was up to the task, and yesterday morning I was able to put in an hour and a half on the bike before heading out to MIS for the cross-country state meet.

Even though it did not feel good to bike (it was embarrassing to be so out of shape), it did feel good to be back in the saddle.  I had been avoiding it so much and making so many excuses to not workout that I was beginning to wonder if I was really going to do this Ironman or not.  Yesterday was a good start and I'm proud of myself for getting back to it.

Thank God for getting back in the saddle!

Lord, thank you for helping me get a bike ride in today.  Please help me to be strong and make good decisions so that I can complete this Ironman in January.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!