Day 1042 -- A Nice Thing to Say

Colby and I were out having a drink together at a bar in Grand Rapids when a stranger sat down kitty corner from us.

He ordered lunch, Colby and I talked--it was all pretty standard.

A couple of time, he punctuated our conversation with polite questions or comments.  Toward the end of our second round, he asked, "Are you two married?"

We, of course, said yes.  Then he asked, "How long?  If you don't mind my asking."

When we told him ten years, he was shocked.  He said, "You guys don't seem like you've been together for a long time.  You still seem like you're crazy about each other."

It was such a nice thing to say.  I was so thankful for the way it made me feel.

Thank God for a nice thing to say!

Lord, thank you for a nice compliment.  Thank you, especially, for some time with my husband today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!