Day 1055 -- State Crackers

Tonight I went with April, Brian, my dad, and my kids to the Jackson Christmas Parade in downtown Jackson.

Afterwards, my kids were starving, so we hit up Wendy's on the way home.

Somewhere along the line, Breslin got into his head that the Saltine cracker he was eating looked like a state -- I wish I could remember which one was the original ... New Hamsphire, maybe?

Anyway, after this initial discovery, we went on to challenge him to make different states, which he did gleefully by nibbling on the corners and edges until his cracker remarkably resembled the outline of a state.  His renditions of Texas and Wisconsin were especially impressive, and he cracked up when he did Colorado by simply holding up his uneaten cracker and saying "done!"

I am thankful for an awesome time hanging out with some of my most favorite people.  I feel blessed to have a son who is so smart and creative.

Thank God for state crackers!

Lord, thank you for a memorable evening with people I love.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!