Day 1059 -- Made It

Year after year, I find myself repeating, "I just have to make it to Thanksgiving."

Not that the school year is ever so terrible that I can't wait for some time off, but it is the longest stretch of the year without any breaks.  It's too early for snow days, there aren't any holidays to create long weekends, the days grow shorter, and we look forward to the blissful promise of a relaxing Thanksgiving holiday.

It's the first chance to legitimately be at home on a Wednesday afternoon in sweatpants.  And you don't even have to be sick or have a sick kid to take care of to qualify.

All of us, including my students and my kids, needed this time.  I'm grateful tonight to say that we've finally made it.

Thank God we made it!

Lord, thank you for helping us get to Thanksgiving break.  I pray you would fill it with rest and relaxation so that we can return to school reinvigorated.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!