Day 1060 -- Secret Handshake

Today, around noon, we decided to call our favorite triple playdate family, the Messers, and see if they were interested in joining us for another triple playdate at the Bounce Castle.

The three pairs of kiddos had a giggle-shriek-filled time bouncing and running about the cavernous space.  Too soon, however, those giggles turned into whines as they voiced their feelings of hunger and thirst.  To be fair, it was almost 6 o'clock and none of them had yet eaten dinner.

We decided to do a group outing to Little Caesars for some pizza, bread, and hanging out.

The kids were remarkably good and we had a chance to enjoy each other's company even longer, which is always a good thing.

Sometime in the middle of dinner, Breslin and James made up a secret handshake, which Breslin and Dharia re-create here, because I didn't have my phone with me last night!



I am so thankful that Breslin has a friend that he cares about.  He has lots of acquaintances, sure, but James is someone who can actually make his face light up when he comes in the room.  James is someone he can talk about Captain Underpants or Mario with for hours on end.  James is someone he'll make up a secret handshake with.  I was grateful to witness this precious moment between my son and his friend.

Thank God for a secret handshake!

Lord, thank you for my son's special friendship and for the chance for him to enjoy it tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!