Day 1062 -- New Jammies

I braved the crowds this afternoon in order to visit Target.

My plan was to stay away from all things retail today, but sadly, our Elf on the Shelf, Hermie, was nowhere to be found.  Since he was scheduled to make his yearly appearance today, Colby and I needed to either find him quick, or buy a replacement in a hurry.

After much frantic searching, it was decided that I would go to Target.  In exchange, Colby would vacuum and clean the bathrooms while I was gone.

Target wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.  In addition to Hermie the second, I also purchased a second pair of window treatments for my living room and Christmas Eve Jammies for my entire family.  Because they were so cheap, I also got myself an extra set of non-Christmas Eve jammies just because.  Can you say consolation prize?

I am so thankful for my new jammies.  They are incredibly soft fleece that feel like I am wearing a blanket without looking like a snuggie.  Now I am sitting in my living room (complete with new curtains) in front of a fire with my new pajamas on.  Life is good.

But let's be honest, any day that results in new pajamas is reason to be thankful.

Thank God for new jammies!

Lord, thank you for a good day.  Thank you for simple joys like new pajamas.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!