Day 1073 -- Jingle Bell Girl

Dharia has been excited about her Christmas Concert all week.

I was excited too, primarily because I remember how awesome Breslin's was last year.  The woman who teaches these children music at the Western Elementary Schools is nothing short of amazing.  The things she gets these little ones to do is impressive on a jaw-dropping scale.

Nothing prepared me however, for the moment when my little Dharia calmly and confidently strode up to the giant microphone at the front of the stage.  She took a great deep breath, then clearly and loudly sang all of the words to Jingle Bells. I felt like I wore a smile 4 feet wide the entire song.

Afterwards, upon giving her a great big hug and telling her how proud I was, she told me that she knew all along that she was going to be one of the "jingle bell girls" but didn't want to ruin the surprise.

I am so proud of my jingle bell girl and so thankful that she was able to be a part of this special concert.

Thank God for my jingle bell girl!

Lord, thank you for a fun and memorable concert tonight.  Thank you for my daughter and for all of the special gifts you have given to her.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!