Day 1076 -- I'm Dreaming of an Alt Christmas

I have a student who I have grown to like very much over the past semester.  He's quirky, opinionated, and interesting.  He also comes from a very difficult home life.  He's passionate about music, so we've found some common ground discussing various bands and genres, although his knowledge far exceeds my own.  He humors me with friendly banter anyway.

He's been giving me some grief about my Christmas music choices, which I often play while the students work on things in class.  It's all good natured, but today he gave me a gift.

It was a burnt CD, titled "I'm Dreaming of an Alt Christmas."  He handed it to me with a smile.  It was accompanied by a list of the songs and artists on the album.  He excitedly explained who the bands were and which ones of the songs were his "absolute favorites".

There are days when my job is hard, stressful, and thankless.

But there are so many moments that are full of promise, blessing, and joy.  I am so thankful for this small act of kindness that was huge in my heart.

Thank God for "I'm Dreaming of an Alt Christmas!"

Lord, thank you for this special moment with my student today.  Thank you for my awesome job.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!