Day 1083 -- Elf

My favorite Christmas movie is Elf with Will Ferrell.  This  year, we decided to try letting the kids watch it with us.  We snuggled up with blankets, started a fire in the fireplace, and popped some kettle corn.  Then, Colby and I watched as the kids fell in love with some of our favorite characters.

Breslin, especially, became quite emotionally involved during one of the climactic scenes in Central Park -- you know, the one where Santa's sleigh won't fly because there's not enough Christmas spirit?

I was so thankful to be share one of my favorite things with my kids on this, the first evening of Christmas break.

Thank God for Elf!

Lord, thank you for the time we had tonight to be together.  Thank you for the opportunity to share special things as a family.  Thank you for the time we'll be able to spend with each other over these next two weeks.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!