Day 1084 -- Middle Child Time

I'm not sure why exactly, but I rarely find myself with Dharia, my middle child, one on one.

Maybe it's because she's usually so well behaved that I don't have to single her out for talks about situations at school or home. Or maybe it's because she is usually up for anything so if we have to take one of the other two somewhere, she goes too.

Whatever the reason, she was the only kid awake after about nine tonight. And I invited her into my bed to snuggle, only to find myself awed, entertained, and amused by all if the things she had to say.

My favorite part of the conversation was when she explained that she and Breslin had been talking about who would and would not be on Santa's "nice" list year. Sadly, she admitted that they had mutually decided that AJ did not make the list. When we pressed her as to why she thought AJ deserved to be on the naughty list, she laughed, and with a flip of her hand told us, "She is on the CRAZY list, not the naughty list!" Which actually makes a lot of sense.

I am so thankful that I was able spend this rare time one one one wih my daughter tonight.

Thank God for my middle child!

Lord thank you for my dear sweet girl and for the chance to be her tonight. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.