Day 1091 -- Made It to Hermosa

I love to travel, but not traveling.

Travel means seeing places you have never been before.

Traveling means going through security checkpoints.

Travel means exploring new neighborhoods.

Traveling means being squished in a middle seat next to an obese chew-user for a 3 and a half hour flight.

Travel means sitting with your feet in the sand of the Pacific Ocean as the sun hits your face.

Traveling means waiting with 300 other anxious travelers at the gate while the perky attendant notifies you that your flight has been delayed.

Travel means eating in new restaurants that are vegan friendly and close to the beach.

Traveling means waiting for a giant shuttle bus to pick you up from the airport with enough other people to wonder if you'll actually make it on.

Travel means a hotel room with a view of the ocean and a giant flat-screen TV.

Traveling means riding in the very back of a stinky, crowded bus for 45 minutes.

Travel means strolling hand in hand down the pier, hearing the crash of the waves on the dark beach.

Traveling is necessary if you want to travel, I guess.  But I'm not a fan, especially today.  I am too anxious around hordes of other people, or at least I was today.  For some reason I just couldn't relax and let it happen.

Regardless, I am so thankful that the traveling in over and now the travel can begin.  Hermosa is absolutely beautiful and I am so glad that we are here.  I can't wait to start exploring this gorgeous place more.

Thank God we made it to Hermosa!

Lord, thank you for getting us here safely.  Help us to enjoy our days here in California.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!