Day 1095 -- Rose Bowl Champs!

Today was a magical day.  It was Rose Bowl Game Day.  It's safe to say that I have never seen Colby so excited for anything since the day that I met him.

Here is our day in pictures:


At 7 am we woke up and got ready. I had to make sure I was wearing my rose tattoos and my sparkly green headband.
We began our 7 mile trek to Rose Bowl Stadium, in which we made use of the light rail, ate lunch at the Blind Donkey, got lost on foot, and used a construction site porta-potty.
Found our seats at Rose Bowl Stadium and pinched ourselves repeatedly to convince ourselves that what we saw was real. We also started the "GO GREEN! GO WHITE!" chant repeatedly.
Marveled at the beauty of Rose Bowl stadium. On a similar note, we also marveled at how I never had to wait to use the restroom, but Colby's lines were out of control ridiculously long.
Were happy and proud to see the State band represent so well during their pre-game performance. This band contains 2 of my former students.
Worried about State as they struggled through the first half of the game...
...but went delirious with excitement and joy when they scored.

We bit our fingernails during the entire fourth quarter, then jumped for joy when State's defense came up big--stopping Stanford short of obtaining a first down late in the game with this amazing play. As someone who truly loves and appreciates good defense, I can't imagine a better way to clinch the Rose Bowl championship than this play.  The Spartans enjoyed a successful season by making their defense one to be feared, and that was certainly true tonight.

 ...breathed in the glitter and confetti as it fell on us after the MSU victory.

It was like a dream.

But for Colby, it was a dream come true.

I'm so thankful that I got to experience it with him tonight.

Thank God...we are Rose Bowl Champs!

Lord, thank you for an amazing night filled with emotion and excitement.  Thank you for the man I love and for allowing me to share this moment with him.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

Day 460 -- 9720 King Rd.