Day 1099 -- Snowshoeing

I really need to stop writing posts so late at night...

...or the day after the fact.

I'm sure it's not contributing to the quality of my writing.

Regardless.

Today was a perfect day for snowshoeing with multiple inches of fresh powder and temperatures not yet too frigid.

 My husband purchased me snowshoes for Christmas four years ago for Christmas.  It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received.  I was pregnant with AJ at the time and very limited in what kind of exercise I was capable of doing.  The snowshoes combined two of my favorite non-people things: hiking and snow.  Just one outing and I was hooked.

Over the last few years, I haven't had too many chances to go out with the snowshoes. I was deliriously happy to be out in the fresh, deep snow and the quiet, deep woods.


While I was out, I got a great workout and I was able to do a considerable amount of deep, clear thinking -- about the present and future, both personally and professionally. It's always amazing to me how exercise and nature so often lead me to realizations and breakthroughs. But then, with a setting like this, maybe it's not so amazing after all:

I am so grateful for the chance to be outside in the beauty of nature and for the joy and insight I received because of it. I can't quite explain how fully content and wholly confident I feel as a result.

Thank God for Snowshoeing!

Lord, thank you for a wonderful way to get exercise and be outside. Thank you for the joy it brought to me today along with the clarity of mind and purpose I felt while walking in your beautiful, snowy creation. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!